Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Chapter 14: The Changing Landscape of Organisations

From the lecture, I discovered the changes that occur currently in organisations. This changing environment has four broad categories:
  • Communication in a global workplace: Opening different outlets and branches of an organisation in various countries. Each branch blends accordingly to the culture and environment its’ situated in.  
  • Communication in an era of shifting industry: Establishing brand identity and presence owing to the saturated market and merging of companies.
  • Communication in a service economy: Providing efficient service and meeting to customers’ demands.
  • Communication in the age of disposable worker: Freelance and independent workers, who contribute ideas but are not firmly placed in the organisation.
A memorable photo of my classmates and I.
As my classmates and I head into the working world, I’ve come to realize that the learning experience has only just begun. Communication and Organisation has truly been an insightful course on working in the industry, I look forward to experiencing it for myself in time to come.

C&O Tutorial Class 2011 with lecturer Ms Catherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment